Chinese Take-Out Orange Chicken
4 chicken breasts, chopped
1 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder, optional (we're talking BiH spices here)
1) Heat oil in large skillet at medium-high heat. Dip chicken into egg and then coat in flour. Brown chicken pieces, but do not cook all the way through. Place chicken in a single layer in a large baking pan.
2) Whisk all sauce ingredients together; pour sauce over chicken.
3) Bake chicken at 325 degrees for about one hour, turning chicken every 15 minutes to ensure the sauce equally coats the chicken pieces.
For additional sauce with your chicken:
1) In a small pot, whisk all sauce ingredients together; add hot chili powder, if desired.
2) Bring sauce to a boil. Stirring constantly, let cook over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced. Enjoy!