Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Ok yeah, it's been a few years since I've blogged any recipes. But my kids are getting older and they need a place to look when they want to make those tried and true recipes that I use over and over. And it's been a few years, so there are several. So my hope is that I blog on here a little more often, focusing on recipes that I have been meaning to post but never have, and give a place for them. 

So here are my current cookies of choice, plain old peanut butter cookies. They are flourless because I am now gluten-free and I try to use gluten-free flour as little as possible (too expensive), and without any add-ins because things like chocolate chips are harder to come by here in India. Plain old peanut butter cookies, but still amazing.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
(from King Arthur Baking)
Makes about 18 cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter, creamy
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt

Directions

1) Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg, and vanilla either with a mixer or by hand. Add the peanut butter and continue to stir until incorporated. Add the baking soda and salt until well-blended.
2) Scoop the dough by the tablespoonful onto a parchment-lined baking sheet; use your fingers or a fork to push the top of the dough to flatten slightly.
3) Bake the cookies for 9 to 10 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown and the tops are crinkly. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and cool on the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...