Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Measured Confession

My husband is not in the military. He's not working for the government. We're actually living in Bosnia right now on our own dime. (Long story--contact me if you want to know.) As a result, we didn't ship anything to ourselves overseas or have help moving here in any way. We brought a few belongings with us in our suitcases and we use whatever else is provided in our furnished apartments.

As a result, up until a week ago, this was the extent of my measuring implements:



This is actually one measuring cup more than we had when we lived in Germany a few months ago. And both measuring cups are in metric units.

Pretty pathetic.

Through inexplicable thoughtlessness when we were packing our suitcases before leaving the US, I neglected to pack measuring cup. An ex-pat friend of ours heard of our sad state and sent for a set of measuring cups for us. I am now a proud owner of my very own set of measuring cups! No more conversions and guesswork.

That is, unless I'm trying to measure 1/4 teaspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...