Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
(adapted from Food Network)
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
1 1/4 cup milk, more if needed
1) In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.2) Make a "well" in the center of the dry ingredients so you can see the bottom of the bowl. Add the egg to the "well" and beat with a fork.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir until just combined. If mixture is too thick, add more milk accordingly. Allow mixture to sit 5 minutes.
4) Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Drizzle a small amount of vegetable oil over the griddle.
5) Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter onto hot pan.
6) Cook batter until bubbles begin to form and pop; flip. Griddle cakes are done when the center of the cake springs back lightly when touched. Serve with jam or fruit syrup. Enjoy!