Monday, November 1, 2010

Scotcheroos

I have fond memories of Scotcheroos.  As a child, one of my friend's mom's would make these for get-togethers and I always loved them.  So, I sort of assumed that everyone had heard of Scotcheroos because, um, all my childhood friends had.  But I made them recently to share with a group and no one had heard of them before!  Not one person.  So I thought, "Well shucks!  Maybe these aren't as well-known as I thought.  What can I do?"  Lucky for me, I have a food blog!  Lucky for you, I'm posting this recipe!  :)


Scotcheroos
(adapted from Kellogg's)
Printable Recipe
Serves 24

Ingredients
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
5 cups Rice Krispies
1 package (8 ounces) butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
5. Melt butterscotch and chocolate chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.  Spread evenly over cereal mixture.
6. Let stand until firm. Cut into bars when cool.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of them! However, I made whoopie pies a few weeks ago, and no one knew what a whoopie pie was! I was in shock until I realized that it must be an East Coast thing, and I'm in the West...and I watch Martha Stewart....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...