Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Easy Alfredo Sauce

Over the years, I have made numerous different recipes for Alfredo sauce, looking for the one that would satisfy me and my family. I actually made this one on a whim (and ended up having to borrow milk from my neighbor to do it) one evening when I needed a quick dinner.  What really made the difference was using parmesano reggiano instead of just parmesan, and accidentally doubling the amount of cheese.  The result was lovely smooth cheesy alfredo goodness.  And I finally have a go-to Alfredo sauce recipe.

Easy Alfredo Sauce
(adapted from Prudence Pennywise)
Printable Recipe
Serves 4

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
pinch nutmeg
1/2 cup parmesano reggiano cheese, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
12 ounces hot cooked pasta

Directions
1) In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour.
2) Add milk and cook over low heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Simmer one minute; add nutmeg and cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Combine sauce with hot cooked pasta.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...