Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Change in Plans

When we found out that we would be spending almost a year and a half living abroad, most of that time in Bosnia, we discussed what scenarios could occur that would cause us to come home earlier than expected. The reasons that we considered most often were:
  1. Financial: Either we misbudget, misspend, or a large unforeseeable expense occurs.
  2. Physical Well-being: One of us gets sick, hurt, or (gasp!) I become pregnant.
  3. Personal Safety: A war starts. Because we are in Bosnia, after all.
  4. Immigration Issues: We get kicked out of the country because their bureaucratic process is so ridiculous that we couldn't get a resident visa without someone's boss calling someone else's boss. Not that we have any experience with that.
Little did we know that the actual reason for us going home early (yes, you read that correctly) wouldn't be any of those things.

In a nutshell: my husband's firm wanted him back five months early. Sounds pretty anti-climatic, but there you go. We are suddenly headed back to the States much, much sooner than expected. It's a little bittersweet to be leaving Bosnia so early, but we're also excited to start something new. Again.

What does this move mean for my blog? To be honest, I'm not really sure yet. I will definitely be taking a hiatus for a few weeks until we have time to see family and get settled. And I can't tell you how excited I am to have brown sugar and cilantro again! But the Skimpy Pantry has really motivated me to challenge myself in my cooking and I don't think that will change, so there's no doubt in my mind that this blog will continue in some way. I have a suspicion that it's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...