Friday, February 24, 2012

Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

I confess: I'm usually not a big peanut butter cookie fan.  In fact, I generally put them near the bottom of the cookie totem pole.  Dry and crumbly, I preferred them hot out of the oven, smothered in chocolate, or not at all.


But.


My husband loves peanut butter cookies.  Actually, he loves anything with peanut butter, so of course he really likes the cookie variety.  I recently made a batch of peanut butter cookies, but instead of using my stand-by Betty Crocker recipe (no offense, Betty!), I found a recipe that promised soft chewiness.  Voilà!  I no longer have peanut butter cookie issues--much to my husband's delight.  




Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
(adapted from Everyday Home Cook)
Printable Recipe
Makes about 4 dozen


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


Directions
1) In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter until well combined.  Add sugars and beat until fluffy.  Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.  
2) Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix just until blended.  Shape dough into about 1-inch balls and place in an ungreased cookie sheet.  
3) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until just beginning to golden.  Do not over bake.  Let cookies cool on baking sheet for at least 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am SO excited to try and make these! I am hoping they turn out as good as yours... and now I want to try all of these recipes on your blog too...mmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so yummy! I definitely prefer this recipe over dry and crumbly peanut butter cookies.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...