Monday, April 21, 2014

Easy Lentil Tacos

A while ago, my sister-in-law asked me for my lentil taco recipe.  I had to reply that I didn't have one!  I've attempted lentil tacos in the past, but was never thrilled with the results.  Maybe it was the taco seasoning I was using or maybe I wasn't used to the texture of lentils yet...I'm not sure what the reason was.  But I decided it was time to give lentil tacos another try.  There's nothing complicated about this recipe, but it was every bit as satisfying and delicious as if I had used meat.  We really love this recipe--we've used it in taco salad and nachos, too!--and I'm glad I finally have a lentil taco recipe I can share!


Easy Lentil Tacos
(adapted from AllRecipes)
Printable Recipe
Serves 6

Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2/3 cup dried brown lentils, sorted
1 tablespoon taco seasoning, more to taste
1 2/3 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup salsa

Directions
1) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.  Mix lentils and taco seasoning into onion mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute.
2) Pour broth into skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer until lentils are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
3) Uncover the skillet and continue to cook until mixture is slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes; stir in salsa.  Adjust seasoning, if needed.  Garnish as desired and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...