Thursday, November 8, 2012

Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you have noticed a lack of coconut on the blog, it's the fault of my husband.  He's not a fan (it's a texture thing, which is why he doesn't mind coconut milk in our curries).  So when he went out of town recently, I decided to console myself by putting some coconut in my cookies.  Which meant I was eating almost an entire batch of cookies by myself, but that was ok with me!  These guys are chewy perfections!  I love each little bite of coconut pecan chocolate and oatmeal.  Definitely a new favorite!


Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from My Kitchen Cafe)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup white wheat flour
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup oats

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Directions
1) In a large bowl cream together the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. 
2) Add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined. 
3) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are set but not yet browned.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...