Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

I usually try to make three new recipes a week--three recipes that I've never made before, but sound interesting or different or just delicious.  Of the recipes I try and tweak with, only about half make it onto this blog.  A lot are 'just ok' dishes and occasionally some are really just bad, so I try to only post the ones that I feel were really a success. 

Several weeks ago, I came across a recipe for "the best pancakes ever" blah, blah.  I was intrigued because the recipe used sour cream, so I gave them a try.  Result?  Fluffy, moist, and disgusting.  So I admit that when I saw the recipe for these Cinnamon Bun Pancakes soon thereafter, I thought the title was probably an exaggeration.  Pancakes that taste and smell like cinnamon rolls?  I mean, really?  

Yeah.  They do.  They are fantastic.  I couldn't resist making a simple glaze to drizzle over them, but it wasn't necessary and, actually, I think detracted from the pancakes themselves.  What they really need to be served with--the very thought, of which, is making me salivate at this moment--is this Carameled Apple Syrup.  Skip the cranberries, add raisins or nuts, if you wish, and have a generous helping of this syrup over these pancakes.  I guarantee a smile on your face.


Cinnamon Bun Pancakes
Serves 6-8

Ingredients 
1 ½ cups flour 
3 tablespoons sugar 
½ teaspoons salt 
4 teaspoons baking powder 
1 tablespoon cinnamon 
2 eggs, beaten 
1 cup milk 
2 tablespoons corn syrup 
¼ cups butter, melted 
1 tablespoon vanilla

Directions
1)  In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk well to make sure everything is combined.
2) In separate large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
3) Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium/low heat. Pour a small amount of batter onto the griddle. Brown on both sides until done.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...