Friday, October 22, 2010

Chicken Curry in a Hurry

I apologize for my lack of posts lately.  My husband was out of town on business and then I went out of town for a funeral and then my husband went out of town again on business and then I started potty training my son....  So I took a week or two off from actual cooking and made mindless meals (read: pancakes, spaghetti, and frozen pizza), which got old pretty quick.  It didn't take long for me to feel bad about having my family eat such lackluster dinners.  But everyone does that every once in a while, right?

But then I made this dish which, obviously, comes together very quickly and easily.  So, really, I have no excuse at all for not making this when things were so crazy around here.

And now I feel bad all over again.

Sorry!  Somehow we ate this one without taking a picture.  Next time!

Chicken Curry in a Hurry
(adapted from Simply Recipes)
Printable Recipe
Serves 3-4

Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
1/2 medium red pepper, sliced
1/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons yellow curry powder, or to taste
3-4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
1 cup sour cream
Minced fresh cilantro

Directions
1) Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the onions and red pepper (and optional raisins), sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.
2) Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle it with the remaining curry powder. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
3) Add the sour cream to the skillet and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture is nice and thick.
4) Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for several more minutes, until cooked through, turning once.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...