Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chunky Spiced Pear Syrup

I rarely make a real breakfast in the morning.  In fact, the last time I made an actual breakfast for everyone on a weekday resulted in me becoming a cranky grouch of a mother, which negates the whole "showing my love through food" thing.  So any real breakfast cooking usually happens on the weekend or at dinnertime.  However, if I'm going to make breakfast for dinner, I try to add a little bit of creativity.  This recipe was me trying to make pancakes for dinner seem a little healthier (because of the fruit--duh!) and interesting.  We loved pouring this syrup on our pancakes--just the right amount of fruit and sweetness, without being overpowering.  I can't wait to make this one again the next time we have pancakes for dinner!



Chunky Spiced Pear Syrup
(adapted from Cuisinart)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
2 pears, cored and cut into chunks
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
dash allspice
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Directions
1)  Melt butter in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, then add the pears. Stir until pears are well coated with butter.  
2)  Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; continue to cook about 3 minutes until pears begin to soften. Pour in maple syrup; cook until bubbly.  Allow to boil 1 minutes then remove from heat.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...