Pasta with Parmesan, Zucchini, Summer Squash, and Tomato
2-3 summer squash and/or zucchini, sliced into rounds
12 grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 red onion, sliced
salt and pepper
2-3 tablespoons butter
fresh grated parmesan or parmesiano reggiano cheese
1/2 pound pasta of your choice
1) Arrange half of the summer squash/zucchini, tomatoes and red onion in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
2) Generously sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Places thin slices of butter on top to taste.
3) Layer the remaining summer squash/zucchini, tomatoes and onion and repeat with seasonings. Top with cheese.
4) Cover with foil and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the squash/zucchini is becoming clear. Uncover and bake about 10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are cooked through.
5) While the vegetables are baking, cook the pasta until al dente; drain. Place pasta in a large serving bowl. When vegetables are ready, add to the pasta and toss until combined. Sprinkle with more cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!