Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thai Chicken Pizza

Welcome readers!  Are you still there?  I am, although it may not seem like it.  I'll just tell it to you straight: I'm pregnant.  Hence the lack of posts.  The idea of cooking hasn't been too appealing lately, but I think I'm finally over it.  At least, I'm gonna try.

So to welcome us all back, here's a fabulous recipe from my friend over at Frontier Kitchen.  As soon as I saw this pizza, I knew I wanted to make it immediately.  And it doesn't disappoint.  Tangy, saucy chicken goodness.  I went a little skimpy on the mozzarella, but my husband still couldn't stop raving about it.


Thai Chicken Pizza
(adapted from Frontier Kitchen)
Makes 1 large pizza

Ingredients

1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
dash of ground ginger
1 lb. pizza dough
12-16 ounces of fresh mozzarella, grated
3 green onions, sliced
sesame seeds

Directions
1) In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, chicken broth, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, ginger and black pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring until all ingredients are well-combined.
2) Whisk in cornstarch quickly and add chicken. Cook for a minute until sauce begins to thicken and then remove from heat.
3) Press dough out onto prepared pan. Sprinkle dough with mozzarella. Top with chicken, drizzling with sauce to taste. Sprinkle on both the green onions and sesame seeds.
4) Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until the crust is cooked through and the cheese becomes golden brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...